Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Week

Over the week of Thanksgiving break I did many things. The one thing I did the most was watch Christmas movies. My favorite that was shown on T.V. was Elf. I also completed my homework which included reading a book and writing a letter to the author. The book I was assigned was Fahrenheit 451. This book is about a guy named Guy Montag that is a fireman but instead of putting out fires he sets them. The book is set in the 24th century and books are banned because they make people think. After about 10 years working as a fireman he meets 17 year old Clarisse McClellan who makes him realize that his job is wrong. Also, over the Thanksgiving break I attended a Key Club event. In this event I helped out with the counting of how many toys were left over from last years toy drive. This year city council plans to give away 5,000 toys in their annual toy drive so I was asked help with inventory. It was a great experience and I would definatly do it again. Lastly, my family and I met togther at my grandmothers house to have a nice family dinner.

Image result for Fahrenheit 451Image result for thanksgivingImage result for key club

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Periodontist

Duties and Responsibilities: Treat patients with gum issues and bone issues surrounding the jaw Salary:$305,820 Education: Dental school, periodontics residency, and a written and oral exam from the American Board of Periodontology Demand for this particular career: Sometimes we are in so much pain that we can not eat, so we need someone to treat us Add a Picture: Reflection: I wouldn't want to become a poeriodontist because I would like to specialize more on teeth not the gums.

Student Success Statement

 "Kindness  is the essence of greatness."- Joseph B. Wirthlin I believe that Wirthlin's statement is true. When you are kind and caring to an individual you become a great person. One sees you differently when you are kind. They see that you are kind, caring, and respectful person rather than a person that is selfish and only cares about themselves. One example of kindness being an essence of greatness is giving up your seat for someone on the bus. If you see you someone is struggling to carry their items or is having trouble walking or standing you should be kind and offer them your seat. Another example of showing kindness is helping out the less fortunate. If you can afford something they can't like food or clothes be kind and give them some. It doesn't have to be new clothes or bought food it could be used clothes that is in good condition and a home made meal.

Student Success Statement

"I wasn't trying to leave a legacy. I was trying to do what was right."- Dean Smith I think this statement shows how great of a man Dean Smith was. He put himself before others. His priority wasn't to be seen as one of the top coaches, but for his players to always try their best on the court. Not only did he want them to try their best on the court, but also everyday in life. He did his job the right way, so he earned to be called one of the best coaches.